Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Mornin’ glory

I am not a morning person.  Every morning when the alarm goes off, I automatically set it again, for thirty minutes later.  Then before I go back to dreaming, I wonder if there is anything I can skip in order to lie in the bed for a few more minutes.  So there are more times than I like to admit, that I drive my kids to school without brushing my hair (thank goodness for bandanas) or without fully changing out of my pajamas.  I look like a mess and feel like it too. 

Now that we are in the full swing of another school year, I’m noticing how my kids are too much like me in this department.  They lie in bed until I bellow that we are going to be late.  They lounge, draped over the chairs, until I find my keys.  My son has even gone so far as to ask me if he can sleep in his clothes for the next day, so he can just wake up dressed.  Gotta give him points for creativity, but the answer to that one was “No”.  My daughter is generally a cheery ray of sunshine in the mornings but has now adopted a less than appropriate way of greeting me.  She tenses her entire body to the point I think she might levitate off the bed and screams at me that she doesn’t want to go to school.  It makes for a pleasant atmosphere. 

So here I am, question in mind.  Will changing my morning habits and attitudes change theirs?  I will endeavor for the next few weeks to find out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like George Washington Carver said:

1. Be clean both inside and outside.
2. Neither look up to the rich nor down on the poor.
3. Lose, if need be, without squealing.
4. Win without bragging.
5. Always be considerate of women, children and old people.
6. Be too brave to lie.
7. Be too generous to cheat.
8. Take your share of the world and let others take theirs.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com