Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Didn't your momma teach you manners?

The wonderful invention of cell phones has revolutionized the world as we know it.  Our friends and family are just a voice command or button push away.  We can watch movies or surf the net with the touch of a finger.  It thrills me to no end.  Even though I have a $20 dollar flip phone that doesn't even have a camera, I am just tickled pink over how technologically advanced those little do dads are.  I am not, however, thrilled at how the better phones get, the more rude people seem to become.

Just for my only little ranting and raving purposes, here is my list.

Things You Do on Your Phone that Make Amanda Mad:
  1. How about being in the library and the librarian is not only on speaker phone but on a push to talk phone that chirps every time she speaks.
  2. Pretending to talk to me or listen to me while you are obviously texting.
  3. Asking me a question in Wal Mart...yes, you complete and total stranger...and then while I answer, you go back to your gossip session on the phone.  I do NOT want to know that she had dinner on the table last night only to have him be an hour late because he was seeing his mistress.  Which takes me to #4.
  4. Just because you are on your phone does not mean you are in the Cone of Silence.  God have mercy, please be aware that everyone on the aisle or checkout line with you can hear what you are saying.  And going into detailed descriptions of anything bodily is simply not acceptable.
  5. Also, is cussing so profanely and loudly right by me and my children really necessary?  And this occurred in the school parking lot, during school hours. 
I realize that there may be a time or two when I fall victim to committing some of these crimes myself.  But for the most part, these things will continue to annoy me and make me scowl at people as I pass them with my cart (which by the way, will always be filled with organic produce and cruelty free products hahahaha).  Seriously, I do realize that no one is perfect and sometimes you forget where you are or you simply HAVE to have that conversation right then and there.  I just wish we still lived in a time where polite consideration for others came above our own agenda and personal needs. 

Thanks for listening to me vent.  I would have called you but I can't hear over the librarian.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Like George Washington Carver said:

1. Be clean both inside and outside.
2. Neither look up to the rich nor down on the poor.
3. Lose, if need be, without squealing.
4. Win without bragging.
5. Always be considerate of women, children and old people.
6. Be too brave to lie.
7. Be too generous to cheat.
8. Take your share of the world and let others take theirs.

 

Template by BloggerCandy.com